The Family Physician Kit provides you with a sampling of ten of doTERRA’s most popular, and most useful oils and oil blends (and a 15ml bottle of their new Slim and Sassy blend.You receive 5ml bottles of:
- Melaleuca (Tea Tree Oil)
- Deep Blue
- On Guard
Here are some super practical and easy ways we put these ten oils to use in your family right away.
1. Use Lavender EO to help your family sleep. Place a drop in the palm of your hand, rub it between your hands, and then rub your hands on your loved ones’ pillows before bed. It will not only help them go to sleep, but also stay asleep. Our boys now remind me to oil their pillows if I forget!
2. Lavender and Melaleuca EOs can be used to help treat pink eye.
3. Peppermint and Lavender can be used together to help relieve tension headaches (I use this combo a lot. It’s my favorite scent!)
4. Peppermint and Lavender can also be used to open your sinuses in the morning.
5. Create fun, simple, cheap room sprays with variations of these EOs!
6. Lavender can be used to calm itching from bug bites, or to treat sunburn.
7. I use a mixture of 10 drops each Peppermint EO and Deep Blue (and fill a roller bottle up the remaining way with Fractionated Coconut Oil) as a headache deterrent. Thanks Becky, from Organizing Made Fun, for the recipe!) This combo has a wonderful, powerful cooling effect on those headaches that are a little worse than your normal tension headache.
8. Oregano can be rubbed on the bottoms of feet (use a carrier oil with children – it’s a hotter oil) to help colds.
9. DigestZen can be used to help digestive function. I personally use it in place of Prilosec to control acid reflux (3 drops in a veggie cap, once a day for me)
10. Use them to create simple, but very effective household cleaners.
11. On Guard EO blend has been found to kill strains of MRSA and H1N1, and it’s perfectly suited to help fight off colds, or even just prevent them from coming at all. It can be taken orally (I use either a veggie cap or doTERRA is now offering them in small beadlets that can be swallowed). You can also use On Guard in household cleaners, and it can be bought from doTERRA in a foaming hand wash that I just love!
12. Melaleuca is very effective to treat an occasional pimple. Just place one drop in your hand and dab it on the infected area.
13. Breathe has been known to help clear the sinuses, stop snoring, and clear congestion.
14. Deep Blue is the only oil I’ve found that gives me relief from the pain of Meniere’s Disease (an inner ear issue that causes me ear pain several times a month). My husband loves how it relieves muscle strain after his workouts.
15. Frankincense can be used in a Neti Pot to help clear sinuses (I’ve tried this once combined with Eucalyptus – an oil NOT in the FPK – and really liked it). Just used one drop each along with my sea salt).
16. Peppermint is a great breath freshener and a natural stimulant. Try breathing it in the car next time you get drowsy instead of stopping at Starbucks.
17. Lavender is great for treating cuts and bruises
18. A few drops of Lemon EO on the nose can aid in opening sinuses.
19. Taking two drops each of Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint in a veggie cap each day can help with seasonal allergies.
20. Next time you have a headache, take a shower or bath and add 1-2 drops of Peppermint EO to the water/on the bottom of the shower floor. The aroma really helps! Add some Lavender EO to your Peppermint bath water for a refreshing sunburn relief bath….”